HAPPY VALENTINES DAY
I love February. It's one of those months where you know spring is right around the corner and there's hope in the air! It also has one my favorite holiday's - Valentine's Day...right behind the 4th of July, Christmas, and my birthday. To be honest, I think it has to do with the fact that my husband and I always celebrate with bacon haha I'm not even kidding. When we were in college, I wanted to do something really nice for him but all I could think of what roses...we hadn't been dating for very long, but I was smart enough to know that he wouldn't appreciate that as much as I would. So I decided to make him a bacon rose bouquet. Now, if you've never heard of this, IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE. Also it was a huge hit and turned out amazing so ladies you should definitively try it. (I ate most of it btw).
Back to Valentine's Day, or as some call it "Single's Awareness Day". That makes me sad. This isn't supposed to be a time where you should feel bad about yourself. You know, those moments where you don't really know how to describe it... you just feel "meh". Less than....like you're not worth as much as the people you follow on Instagram. Like things aren't how you want them to be, but you don't know how to fix it. Believe me, we've all been there!
This year, I want you do to something for yourself. You've made it through the winter blues of January! It's not a time to be discontent. The best way to make yourself feel better, is to do something kind for others. And I know that sounds super corny, but it's true. There's something about taking the focus off of yourself and realizing there's a big beautiful word out there full of people just like you. Other people have amazing valentine's days and some other people have really lame valentine's days. But you have the power to change how you're going to celebrate this year, and you can brighten someone else's holiday too.
Ten ways to celebrate love and have an all around amazing Valentine's day!
- Buy coffee for the person in line behind you (if I was behind you, this would make me REALLY happy)
- Dress up so you're lookin' extra spiffy
- Send someone flowers (and make sure to buy some for yourself too!)
- Write a letter to someone who you're thankful for.
- Plan a special surprise for your hubby or wife/boyfriend or girlfriend/BFF or favorite sister
- Buy yourself something nice! Treat yo self!
- Splurge on your diet (you can get these really awesome heart-shaped pizzas! I love those!)
- Embrace the heart-shaped everything
- Host a Valentine's Day brunch Leslie Nope style
- Most importantly, have grace for yourself. You are a really awesome person and your value doesn't come from holiday stereotypes.
- (extra bonus thing) Make a list of everything you're grateful for. Right now. Just stop and think for a few moments...you'll feel better in no time!
Happy Valentine's Day!
I hope you all spend it with the people you at least semi-like (hey, it's on a Wednesday this year) and with all the bacon roses your heart desires!